Project Manager – Infrastructure transition.
outside IR35 – £400 – £450
On site in Suffolk
My client is seeking support from a seasoned Infrastructure Project Manager to oversee the transition of a well-established legacy platform to a 3rd party global consultancy as part of a consolidation project that will see services managed externally from the summer of next year. This role will effectively see you turning the lights off so the role will be varied, someone coming from a career in Systems Administration prior to entering the Infrastructure change arena would be advantageous, though the bias 99% of this role will be Change management that will see you
- Manage all BAU tasks until the transition to the 3rd party consultancy (Estimated Feb/Mar 2024).
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors, ensuring a smooth transition of EUC and server transition phases.
- Oversee Service/Maintenance Management, ensuring platform security before and during the transition.
- Provide System Application Support (B2B).
- Communicate effectively with the internal Leadership Team and key staff.
- Cover where necessary the traditional IT manager role, including Budget Management and Purchasing
You will be the primary contact point for IT from the end of 2023. It is essential you have proven experience in managing large-scale transition projects, with a history of hands-on technical skills in line with a 4th line/Systems Admin role.
Vendor co-ordination with large consultancies like TCS, Tech-Mahindra, Accenture, Fujitsu or similar is also required. An understanding of Service management principles (ITIL, etc.) would also be highly advantageous.
To allow for a hand over the applicant will ideally be available to start on site in Suffolk from the 1st week of December.
Hurren and Hope are our chosen talent partner, speculative enquiries from other agencies or individuals will be directed to Mark Hurren.